Old 03-28-11, 04:11 PM
banditgrrr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I took the bike to a different shop this morning and asked to have a fitting done. Keep in mind that I'm new to riding and my longest ride has only been 30 miles. I'm not sure how it would feel after 50, 60, 70. They put the bike in a trainer and started adjusting the bike. The problem seems to be that even with my seat in the highest position (almost 11" of seat post). My legs still do not fully extend. The fitter showed me on a protractor that at the bottom position, my leg should almost be fully extended. There was still more of a bend in my leg than he said there should be even with the seatpost that high. When he raised the seatpost, he said that's going to put much more strain on my arms and neck because it put me in a more hunched over position. He put on a new head piece that connects to the handlebars which was almost the twice the length of what I had. He said I could ride this bike but after a while it could cause knee problems and will also cause fatigue in my arms and neck. He said I'm better off looking at somewhere around a 60CM. Since my bike is a Specialized Allez Comp, maybe I should look at the geometry for a Specialized 60CM and then match up any other brands to get close to those specs.