Old 04-01-11, 07:06 AM
motobecane69
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
what time of day are you riding? quite frankly, I don't try to do anythign special fuel wise, after all, we are trying tolose weight right? I just make sure I"ve taken in my usual food. For example, a normal breakfast for me is often steel cut oatmeal with a little brown sugar for flavor and some nuts and half a banana thrown in. I could eat that and 10 minutes later jump on my bike and be good. If I know i'm just going out for an hour on the bike, thats all I would need and I would eat the rest of my meals like normal (maybe have something small when i finished the ride for recovery purposes, but i'd keep it around 100-150 calories) If I know I'm going out for a 3 hour "training ride" then I would eat my normal breakfast and then focus on taking in 100-300 calories per hour on the bike depending on how hard i'm riding that day. IF it's just a recovery ride and i'm keeping my heart rate low and just getting some time in on the bike, I'm gonna be closer to 100 calories. If i'm doing an aggressive 3 hours or lots of climbing, I'm gonna be closer to 300 calories.

LAstly, I ask what time of day because obv, if your riding in the afternoon and "breakfast food" doesn't appeal to you, the same thing would apply, have your regular meal then go ride. The only limiting factor is how much time you need for your tummy to feel comfortable. I can eat and 5 minutes later go exercise, some people need to let their food settle more.