View Single Post
Old 04-01-11, 08:16 PM
redtrain

Bikes: 2009 Cannondale f4 disk MTB and a 2011 Villano r/t Road bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am a Clydesdale and I am new to the road.
Weighing in at at upwards of 280lbs I stand 5'6. I have been riding a MTB in the swamps here in Florida for some time. I took a year off and gained to much weight. I decided to get into the road bike thing but I had all sorts of fears at first. I could just see one of those skinny little frames bending in half as all the spokes bent in half but then I came across this forum and found a little inspiration. I went out and bought a "less expensive" road bike from a local Bike store/mail company my concerns were that I wouldn't like the road bike position or the whole bending the bike in half theory. that's why I didn't want to start out spending serious cash on something I wasn't sure I would like. Well after my 20 mile ride this morning I have officially put 150 miles on my RB and I have now been converted. I'm still in relatively good physical shape I just eat way to much but I think 20 miles 3 time a week might star taking some weight off. I plan on upgrading in the next 6 months to a year and Im looking for suggestions. I Currently have a Vilano R/T and I'm thinking maybe a felt F95 or Cdale Synapse.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
v1.jpg (102.4 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_5970.jpg (94.2 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by redtrain; 04-02-11 at 05:14 AM. Reason: spelling