Old 04-04-11, 12:45 AM
Dropp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
UPDATE and Thank you!

Today was the day. I recovered from my previous ride which consisted of an expected light ride of about 2-3 miles. I am an overweight beginner... so lots of new challenges including how to re-tune myself to balancing on two wheels. That ride did not last long as I was too eager to ride and not eager enough to eat. A solid bonk occurred in a very short time, but I did complete the ride. Huge accomplishment in my books.

Now... having read the posts here and following through on the advice given I changed my preparation just a bit. First, I ate a fair breakfast. Eggs, muffin... and vegetables. My lady refused to let me leave without some green. I gave myself some time to digest (2 hours) before the ride. I then ate 2 bananas and some nuts right about 15 min before the ride. Ride started well... good energy. Good breathing. No sun, but can't have everything.

My riding buddy stopped me at Bonk Point Alpha checking to make sure I was alright. I confirmed that I was and we continued. At the start of the second mile, again we stopped and took a moment to reexamine my level of exhaustion. I was doing good. Breathing, heart, energy... all was well.

This kept going at mile three... and four... and six... and seven... and then at mile eight... we pushed right on to nine... and ten... and eleven! Then twelve! Twelve miles! Breathing, energy, heart... were great. Legs were shot... but other than that... great.

Thank you all for the advice and the patience for answering my questions but for reading this drama post. Big hugs all around. Time for a hot bath and sympathy from a cute lady.

*silly grin*