aflac222

Bikes: Mercier Galaxy sc3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by beatsrunning
Craig

I love WW. It's been a great experience this time. My wife and I are both doing it. We've done it before but this time we are sticking with it.

Yes the Windsor came from bikesdirect.com. The bike so far I love. It literally just came last night. That pic was after getting it together and a quick ride around our cul-de-sac to get used to clipping in and out of the pedals. I'm about ready to head out on another ride with my two kids as soon as I post this and have some longer rides planned for the weekend. I don't want to do any long rides until my bibs come in. They are due tomorrow. The experience was great. Bike was ordered last Thursday evening. Had shipping confirmation Friday morning. The bike actually showed up a day before it was scheduled. Quality is good, and for the price I could not beat it with the same components from a LBS. Yes I won't get the "lifetime" adjustments etc, but I do have a good shop that will service the bike for me for the things that I cannot do myself. Assembly was a snap, had it un-boxed and road ready in about 45 minutes. Would I buy from them again? In a heartbeat.

-Eric
FYI I about two months ago I purchase a Mercier from Bikesdirect.com. I love the bike. I did have to have a friend, who is quite skilled, adjust the derailleur's and such. Unless a good working knowledge on bike mechanics, I would recommend taking to lbs and letting them make the necessary adjustments. I also would buy from the again. I would say I payed $400 for a bike that would sell for $900- $1000 in a lbs. I also like neuvation.com, however their bike are a tad bit out of my range at this time.