Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1341 Post(s)
Liked 2,484 Times in 1,459 Posts
Originally Posted by outwest5
I am not sure about that. They have a little design on the sides that is directional. I read over the instructions after I put them on (of course) and it says to pay attention to the arrow.
I researched this matter. The GP 4000s has asymmetrical tread pattern. Although, Continental does not offer any guidance on its cycling tire website, it does on its motorcycle tire website. Asymmetrical tread patterns channel water / road moisture and improves cornering adhesion in wet conditions assuming proper rotating direction. The same guidance was provided by Wiggle.com customer service concerning the need to run the GP 4000 s tire in the proper direction. As if you needed more reasons to justify your choice of the 4000s here is a link from Continental to a German magazine testing *tyres*. http://www.conti-online.com/generato...gp4000s_en.pdf

I check our bikes before every ride. I inspect tires, chain, frame, brake pads, clearance, headset and etc, My goal is not to crash due to mechanical failure, poor maintenance or failing to follow manufacturers recommendations. I accept flat tires and operator error and other risks as part of riding.

I loved your "I am not sure about that".

Last edited by Hermes; 04-06-11 at 09:12 AM.