View Single Post
Old 04-08-11, 10:58 AM
M_FactorX19

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maverick31210
Just checked out the 3.0SLs....which because of the terrain as I mentioned above is definitely the better choice, however I am wondering if the extra money is worth the jump from the regular expert to the SL, durability also being a concern seeing as how even the soul website mentions it is lower due to the thinner spokes...any thoughts on this?

And also while I'm at it, any suggestions for a similar wheel quality/price that can be had w/o the long wait?...trying to check out all avenues before making a decision.
yes the SLs are worth the extra money but i also placed an order for a set of souls but ended up getting a set of williams system 30s. they have ceramic bearings and roll forever not to mention the are very durable. i recently pinch flated my tube when i hit the biggest pothole ever and thought i had trashed the wheel. after fixing the flat and finishing my ride to work i put the wheel on the trueing stand when i got there expecting it to at least be untrue but you couldnt make it any truer. thats also how they came out of the box. they also spin forever. longer than any other wheel ive seen. they are about the same price as the souls (mine were under 500 shipped) and i got them in less than a week. im sure you would get them faster as he is in cal. not to mention his customer service is outstanding and if you have problems he is close enough to send them back to fix.