Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1341 Post(s)
Liked 2,483 Times in 1,458 Posts
Originally Posted by redal
Basically, they showed up at my door at 6AM. Once identified, you can not leave the tester's sight until you pee. I had to get ready for work, so I had to do everything I normally do in the morning in plain view of the tester, until I was ready to pee in a cup that I was allowed to choose out of about 5. You then pick from a choice of boxes that contain the sealed jars that will hold your A and B samples. You declare any vitamins, medication or supplements that you have been taking and then fill out paper work and you are done. If you are positive, you will be notified within two weeks, if you are negative as I was, you get a letter in the mail about three weeks later.
Everyone that has a racing license is subject to testing, including randoms. Pros are on the whereabouts list and must let USADA know where they will be. When USADA shows up, I believe they have four hours to report to where they said they would be. For amateurs, they can come to your home (like me), school or work. Unlike pros you are not required to be there so if you are not there, I believe they will wait three hours and then leave. Once they identify an amateur, they will stay until they collect a sample.
Redal, Thanks for the reply. Last year, I competed in the road state 40K ITT championships and in track Masters Track Nations, Masters Track Worlds in Portugal and Masters Track State. There was no on site drug testing for the State but there was for Nationals and Worlds. At Nationals and Worlds, the choice of who got tested was not obvious. It appeared they tested some winners of races and new world records. I did not hear of anyone being tested at random at those races who did not do well but my info is limited.

I totally agree that the process speed of testing and punishment is extremely poor. For enforcement to work, IMO, the testing and punishment should be fast and certain.