View Single Post
Old 04-11-11, 04:03 PM
MJH2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
I'll be doing a full race report on my blog, but it was NASTY. Probably the most dangerous crit I have ever been in and when you think about it that kind of says a lot.

As MAtt said - we all know this one s going to suck but we still end up surprised every year when it does.

Mike was toast. Ryan H separated his shoulder. It wasn't from the pavement so much as the reactions when people moved or touched. I have never seen so many people go down without being touched before in my life.

I wanted both races to be over. I raced both near the front and pulled up short on both sprints thinking only about the carnage (well honestly in the first race I thought we had 1 more to go).

I don't think I will be back. Sad really.

I think everyone who is learning to crit race should go though. Baptism by fire. One day we'll all be saying, "oh yeah, you think that's something? well i used to race Sherman Park."
I'm interested in reading the report. Mike has, thankfully, no broken bones. I guess it took a couple hours to put his face back together. He will be able to ride again someday, though.

My gold standard for unraceable races has always been the Olympia Fields Superweek race. Never done Sherman, but Olympia was nasty.