View Single Post
Old 04-11-11, 07:29 PM
Dan Burkhart 

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 945 Post(s)
Liked 659 Times in 372 Posts
Originally Posted by yonime
The Landrider may be heavy, I don't know I ride mine and don't carry it. The Elite model weighs 29 lbs. I have the deluxe which is heavier I guess but I can't tell because I only carry it up an down stairs.
I've had mine since they were first introduced and haven't had a failure yet. I don't ride through brush piles so my derailleur has never fouled. This writer is right those old internally geared hubs were great in the 50's. I remember I thought they were the bee knees too. Then I rode my first Raleigh and joined the 20th century.

The Landrider is great you always are in the right gear and shifting is only a matter of a high - low change of the front derailleur. The ride is comfortable. I would certainly buy another if my ten year old one ever fails me.
I will apologize profusely if shown to be wrong about this, but in reading through this very old thread, it becomes obvious that one or more persons registered with the forum and made one or two posts for no other reason than to be a shill for the Landrider. Show us you are not another.
I've had the misfortune of having to service these pieces of crap as well. If another is ever brought to me to repair, I will refuse.
As far as I'm concerned they are misnamed. The Landrider should be called Landfill.