Old 04-12-11, 06:16 AM
tastest

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Plastic bags- Air canada

Originally Posted by neil
I think I'll try the plastic bag option next time. Not having to take the whole thing apart sounds appealing. According to their websites, both Air Canada and Air Transat provide bags at the counter, but Westjet (the only airline I've flown my bike with) doesn't. All three (the only three that have flights that don't involve getting hassled by US Border Protection and the TSA) indicate that both bags and boxes are acceptable.

I may order a couple of bags from CTC anyway...easier to pack up at home than at the airport. Turns out I can order a Brooks saddle, up to 4 plastic bags, get it shipped to Canada, and still save over buying a Brooks locally.
Just to give you a heads up. We went one week ahead to Air Canada at pearson and they wouldn NOT give us bags . You could only get them on the day of departure AFTER you had checked in. no real time to prep bike, etc. So, on our next trip, we went to the bus terminal and got HUGE plastic bags which we used for our bikes on Air canada. They still had to "inspect" them out of the bag, then we popped them back in. Make one with a drawstring to eliminate duct tape.