View Single Post
Old 04-12-11, 07:42 PM
Hippiebrian

Bikes: Raleigh Sojourn, '67 Raleigh Super Course, old Gary Fisher Mamba, and a generic Chinese folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I wish I didn't have to work, I definatelly would have taken the folder on the blue line and attended. I hope I can make the next one! I don't see it so much of a bike ride but a way to see L.A. while stopping to smell the roses as it were, as well as a real visual means of communicating to the rest of socal how many cyclists of ALL types are out there!

As to anyone who says cycling isn't for everyone, I'm glad no one ever told me that. I am not your typical carbon fiber Gi-trek-alized bike rider nor am I a skinny fixie hipster (nope, at 49 and definatelly not thin no one wants to see the skinny jeans on me!), however I ride my touring bike at an average of about 14 mph, commute with a mountain bike, and have not been behind the wheel of a car or on a motorcycle since October. Oops, I ddid drive my truck once in Dec. to help a friend move. Anyways, with the above definition, would I be one of those who you'd like to not see on the street? I think everyone, from 140 lb. Lance Armstrong wannabe's to 300 lb. hockey dads, from sub 100 lb. triatheletes to 300 lb. socker moms deserve the right to get on a bike! It really is an activity which anyone can get involved in, and it should be supported for everyone to promote healthier lifestyles! How can anyone say cycling isn't for everyone when we look at rising obesity levels, diabetes rates, heart problems and everything else that goes along with being a fat nation!

This event may not be for everyone, but cycling definatelly is!