jdmitch
Non-Spandex Commuter

Bikes: Trek Soho S

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by commutebybikech
I typically wear a cardigan, tailored shift dress with compact ballet flats and just strap my pumps to the top of the rack. I switch them out when I get wear I'm going. I have definitely cycled in wedges before when going to BBQs and the like. In winter, I add a couple layers of leggings, two gloves, balaclava, boots and a jacket that has a bit of flex but works for the office. Its Chicago, its SO cold. In summer, I wear non-visible bike shorts when riding my track bike. On my dutch-style, its less necessary. I've got it down to a system that works for me. Its interesting to see different strategies.

I've got one CEO who rides in from Hyde Park to Skokie ~25 miles a couple times a week as a training ride. He's full spandex and showers once he arrives. It all depends on your lifestyle but I must say Chicago is a great cycling city. I say that despite being hit by cars twice. Hopefully Rahm keeps it that way. I hear Active Transportation Alliance is on his transition team.
Do you keep a blog? Your riding outfit + the mention of chicago (I think) reminds me of a blog I have subscribed in my Google Reader feeds... can't remember the name at the moment, though...
You don't need to dress up like a spandex super hero to ride your bike.