View Single Post
Old 04-15-11, 08:46 AM
southpawboston

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by katezila
I've seen your's Southpaw, beauuuutiful. That's what makes this a hard choice. I'm not sure how I like their line with the bar. The DiaCompes seem to stay parallel longer. I've read the Tektros are reach adjustable, what does that mean exactly?
They are? I didn't know that. It means that there should be a screw inside the housing that limits the lever's pivot range in the resting position, the same way that a derailleur limit screw limits the derailleur's range. I had no idea the Tektros have this feature, and if so, I should open them up and see where they're set on mine.

I agree that the line with the bars is not as linear as the Diacompes, but also consider the quality: the housing is entirely alloy, and the pivot uses smooth nylon bushings and a gentle return spring. The operation of the levers is buttery smooth and wobble-free; I've tried other people's Diacompes on their bikes, and they felt more wobbly and spongy than the Tektros. Also, the Tektro levers pivot around a threaded hex nut; the Diacompes pivot around a non-serviceable and non-adjustable rivet. So if and when the Tektros develop play as the bushings wear, they can get tightened.

Last edited by southpawboston; 04-15-11 at 08:50 AM.