Old 04-15-11, 12:19 PM
dumbass 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sunnyday
well thats .7 volts x 16 cells...

you dont think that would eqaute to a few more miles in distance travelled ? Right now, my BMS is cutting out at about 18 miles travelled...If I could reset it to cutoff at 40 volts, instead of 46 volts , you dont think that would result in a few more miles of distance, while still giving adeqaute protection to the lifepo4 ?
LOL, I don't think you are hearing what we are telling you. At a certain point a cell starts to drop in voltage very quickly. You say you have a volt meter on the bike. Great, but do you look at it constantly? You also say you live in an area of long steep hills. I'm sure you relize that you use much more power on a hill then on a flat. So what if you are starting up one of the steep long hills and your close to the 2.8v and don't happen to be staring at your volt meter. OPPS, one of your cells just dropped extreamly low...maybe below 2.0v (very easy to do) and to bad so sad it died. So if you really think it is worth the risk of damaging a cell or several cells I say "Go for it!!". I think everyone should do what ever they think is best for them. And who are we to try to reccomend you error on the safe side so your cells will live a long and happy life. Their your cells so go ahead and kill the little suckers if you want....after all, it's your money! BTW, most people will tell you not to run your cell beyond to 80% to 85% capasity level. And I think you will find that at 2.8v your well past that point. Good luck and happy ridin.......