View Single Post
Old 04-17-11, 08:22 PM
yeamac 
Parttime Member

Bikes: 2021 Cannondale Topstone Neo SL, 2021 Tesoro Neo SL EQ, 2012 Marin Bridgeway City; 1996 Cannondale MT1000 tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Rex G
Regarding the planned long ride, if I am not in shape for the distance, rather than doing a partial ride, I might arrive by car, and take photos, instead. I have spent a small fortune since August on digital SLRs, lenses, and other equipment. It is a new hobby, but was kickstarted by the addition of "photographer" to my existing job title at work.
I have no problem with you taking photos but am wondering who is going to want to see photos of a bunch of overweight, middle-aged men? Although some of the guys do have some pretty sexy calves. Not that I'm looking or anything.

I got my repaired road bike back last week. Needless to say I am way behind on my riding. It sounds like no one else it up for a century either so how about we stick to 80 miles, 40 out-n-back. Could either go to Brazos Bend State Park again, or keep heading south on FM-521 to Angleton if the winds are out of the south (for that nice tailwind on the way home). And for those who may not want to go quite that far, turn around at Rosharon which is 27 miles one way (from hillcroft/braeswood).

Would you all agree to meet at the McDonalds at Hillcroft/Braeswood? What time? Sun is up around 6:45, so how about we plan to leave at 6:45? That way we will not need lights. I know some of you have a few miles to ride to the start. If you need more time we could leave a little later. Those of you planning to ride, chime in. This is for April 30. I'd say riding pace would be about 18 mph. Self-supported ride.