calv
Painfully average.

Bikes: Caad10 / All-City SP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Scrodzilla
Today I woke up at 5:30am, ate some chorizo & eggs and went for a long ride along the coast while the sun came up. Was tempted to jump into the ocean but my feet told me the water was only about 45 degrees so no dice. Swung by the shop where I occasionally work as a tech, got my hands dirty doing three tune ups and building two bikes. Went across the street and bought a roast beef sandwich. Ate said roast beef sandwich while thinking how much I ****ing love roast beef sandwiches. Didn't feel like riding home with a belly full of meat so I got on the train with my bike and got off two stops later near Retrogression HQ. Packed up a bunch of orders, answered a bunch of e-mails, made some calls and waited for the mail pickup. Shot the breeze with our mail guy Jim (I swear it's the same conversation every day). Packed up my computer and rode home (about 5 minutes). Drank a beer on my back porch. Came inside and took a nap with my cat Syd. Woke up when Angie got home, fired up the grill for dinner and made some awesome teriyaki chicken, corn on the cob and sweet potatoes.

As complicated as life can be sometimes, every now and then I have days that make me feel incredibly lucky to be alive.
Dude, is this a movie? lmao AWESOME day. I think I'll order those knickers by tonight if I feel like it, still on the fence about spending more money when I got rent to pay, lol.
Originally Posted by Sebster
Got my r540s and a new cog (18t) in the mail
cleaned/lubed my chain, wiped down the frame, derotafixed the 15t cog on there, threw it on the freewheel side with a bb lockring, rotafixed the new 18t cog on the fixed side, threw the formula lockring on there - tried to see if the chain length would still work (key work try because my bb/crankset is off the bike, waiting for a new bb) = seriously 1 mm of space needed to get the chain off on the 18t side.

considering whether to go half link or a full link up, on the 15t side its already 50-60% out in the dropouts..
Good news dude, the Wheels Manufacturing chainwhip worked just fine. First use I took off a cog and put two on with it and didn't have any problems. No more rotafixing for you! ;p