Old 04-21-11, 08:32 PM
dumbass 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sangesf
Resting voltage of 44v would be 2.8 per cell and figured under load, that would hit his LVC on the controller or very close to it, since his cells are relatively balanced.
He will figure it out.. He'll lose top end speed and torque and the power level lights on his throttle will flicker... He'll realize that he's close to LVC.
Also when he gets past 18 or so AH, he'll notice it.
Yeah, I don't disagree with your numbers of 44v at rest he will be at his cutout under load. My point is that a LVC is really a poor protection for a pack. It is only looking at the total of the pack. So if you have a runt (and you show me a pack that has all 100% matched cells especially after a year of hard usage) the total of the pack could be showing 44v or or what ever and the runt cell or cells are well below the danger point. That's why I think if you going bet the life of your pack on a LVC you are smart to set that LVC high to protect a runt cell or cells. I personally use a Celllog 8s and monitor individual cell and pack voltages. Each 24v pack is wired with an alarm that can be heard in China if one of my cells or the pack goes below my set point. So if you your not going to monitor individual cells you really should error on the safe side. And I thin the safe side is 2.8v under load. I just think is a mistake to trust a LVC on total pack voltage. But we all have our opinions.