Old 04-22-11, 12:46 PM
dumbass 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sangesf
His pack is only a month old and only has 30 cycles on it at most..
His cells should be pretty well balanced at this point.
If his pack was a year or more old or had hundreds of cycles, I would give him different advice.
This is the best time for him to test full AH capacity...
Even if he has an errant cell group, even dropping it to 2.0v once is not going to be detrimental.
I've had a cell group (on a 36v 15ah) go to 4.0v once and another group drop to 1.7v once, and my pack STILL holds a 90-95% capacity after 2.5 years.
Again, I'm not trying to argue with your advise just giving caution because he is not planning to do something once as you did in what was likely an error. He is looking for long term hard core numbers. And yes I too charged to well over 4v actually half my pack hit 4.16v and I pulled the plug on what was said to be a "smart charger" that would never allow this to happen. Interestingly we can never know how much damage is done if any by over charging or running cells to low. I guess what I am saying is if your pack last 5 years would it have lasted say another year if it hadn't had this occasional OPPs? No way to really know so I prefer to error on the safe side. But then again there's nothing wrong with a pack lasting 5 years.......is there?