View Single Post
Old 04-23-11, 02:42 PM
mike868y

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Easterns @ PSU
Course was two laps around a 20 mile loop. Starts with a descent into some rollers into a huge climb into a descent into the finish. There was a large field, maybe 10 riders? So I made it a point to move up very early on. A princeton guy attacked on the rollers and we let him go. A group of maybe 10 chasers got away on the big climb. We caught the guy at some point. I really didn't expect to stay with the group the second lap up the climb, but I really rode into the race and managed to hang with them. Then I learned yet another thing about racing - always have a plan on how you are going to win just incase you are in the position that it may happen. I had no plan and the finish didn't really suit me (descent into a sketched corner into a sprint). So I more or less just stuck with the attacks and tried to outsprint people. But I really am a bad/cautious descender so I couldn't convince myself that I had a shot at the win. Regardless, this was probably the toughest race I've ever done and I was super happy with how I rode up the climb. I dug really deep to stick with the group and I'm probably happier with today than any other race this season. Not sure of my finish but probably somewhere around 7th. it was a great day, thanks to PSU for putting on a great race.

New 20' Power PR: 255w
New Max Power: 967W

I would know other PRs but I lost all my powertap data last week...