Old 04-24-11, 02:39 AM
Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 97 Posts
Cycling is one of the most enjoyable things a kid can do and as experienced cyclists and parents there is no better thing you can do than take them out and while they enjoy themselves and get some fresh air and exercise teach them the rules of the road.

My daughters have been riding on the road with me since they were 8 and 10 and are now 11 and 13 and have great riding skills and when we ride the MUP they follow the rules... they slow and ring their bells when they are passing peds and always slow when there are dogs about.

The oldest likes her laid back English three speed and won't ride anything else while my little monster commutes on her three speed with her sister, loves her mountain bike, and if she grows enough between now and September will be able to ride her new road bike and wants to come on an annual century ride I stage every fall.

The force is strong in my little one and my oldest, who struggled more with developing skills, has turned into a very capable rider and has some excellent form on a bike and this is her favourite form of exercise and relaxation.