Old 04-24-11, 02:40 PM
echappist
fuggitivo solitario

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by climber7
nice job! that princeton guy was me. had a minute lead by the top of the climb but i figured you guys hadn't really started pushing the pace yet. didn't think i'd be able to stay off the front for 30 miles, but i figured i'd just go for it...still new to racing so i'm trying out stuff to see what happens. besides, i'm definitely a climber and not a sprinter, so i figured the course suited me. legs didn't hold up, though, so i got dropped halfway up that climb on the second lap. lost 2 minutes on you guys before the finish but held it together for 11th place...and there was still a 5 minute gap behind me. pretty happy with how it went considering i haven't raced much. hell of a course, though.

we also won the men's C TTT, though...definitely took a lot out of my legs since it was right before the RR, but it was worth it. got medals!

and today's crit: started in the dead last row in another huge combined men's C (C1+C2) field. did a lot better than last time, though. moved up gradually for the first half of the race and finally got up near the front, then sat in and raced smart. i think 2 guys went off the front late in the race - didn't see the move happen, just noticed they were gone. moved into the front of the pack for the last lap and led out half of that lap...since i don't have a sprint, i figured i'd just start early. bunch of guys went around me, but if i had to guess i'd say i was somewhere in the 10-15 place range. results aren't up yet so i'm not sure.

had a great weekend, and thanks to penn state for hosting.
Mikey was in the break that got away.

Hope to see all of you racing in B's next year.