View Single Post
Old 04-25-11, 09:52 AM
mollusk
Elite Fred

Bikes: 2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 19 Posts
About 10 miles of walking today in and around Kerkyra, Corfu, Greece. I saw one bike rider on a road bike. I didn't get a good look, but I think it was a Look. And he was the only rider I saw wearing a helmet. Everyone else was riding beat up mountain bikes or children on children's bikes. None of the children were wearing helmets.

I was disappointed in the coffee at the hotel breakfast. It was American-style: tastes like a brown Crayon dipped in hot water. (See, I do read the previous posts!) I have an automatic espresso machine at home so I get nearly instant gratification. I miss it. I should have been tipped off when there were signs directing hotel patrons to the nearest Starbucks (yikes!). The Greek yogurt was good and I ate that with some fruit.

Didn't botto used to say that Americans were fat and Euros were properly proportioned? If true they should throw this part of Europe out of the EU. Folks around here are just as fat and they smoke, too.