View Single Post
Old 04-25-11, 09:56 AM
qeadzc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mcjimbosandwich
Collegiate C's ain't that bad. There are wheelsuckers (we all are), but you need to define what inconsistent riding is.

Regarding your list of litany

-Cutting in front and hitting the brakes: never saw it happen in C's (i race ECCC C1) unless if someone's actively blocking, of which yours truly is guilty. But that's team strategy to let the break up ahead succeed. If you don't like it, go around the guy to foil the blocking attempt.

-Breaking into someone's paceline. There's never a paceline per se unless you are in a breakaway situation. Otherwise it's just slotting in after moving up. You don't have to move, but you should also take safety into consideration when you prevent others from cutting. FWIW, you move up from the side and drift back down the middle. When moving up, get on someone else's wheel so you don't have to put in a large effort side blasting.

-Initiate working together and not pulling. In a breakaway, dump the guy after he doesn't pull through.

-Weaving all over the place. This does happen quite a bit. Stay up front and it'll happen less.

Now as for solutions

-Keep attacking. You can try, but people are too dumb to bridge and most often will drag the field up with them.

-Cause a crash. I know you are trying to be funny, but causing a crash is nothing to joke about.

-Instead, why don't you try to stay upfront. When you attack, attack decisively and try to get away. If a few people join you, then you got a breakaway that may work.
Good solutions. Thanks for them. I've tried them and they work. The attacking is fun and front even better. Men must be different from women. lol I've raced several races and it's hit or miss. Sometimes there is a great group of people who know how to ride and it's fun. Then there are races that aren't as fun. A rider who placed top 5 in a weekend race said to me that sometimes you have to strategize and if lead your line into a pothole, then you can get an edge over an opponent and throw them off. I was like wtf?