Old 04-25-11, 10:00 AM
Kinst_VonSterga

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LeicaLad
I opened this thread when I spotted your name. Nevermind the grief. We wrench because we play.

Fabulous bikes. The images just whet the appetite. When the megapixels go up, I'll be eager to pore over them. Nice to see the 60-63cm size frames, too. But is the mixte for the bike holder? :-)
Mixte frame was built up for my daughter (she liked the style after seeing them in Paris during our last family vacation to France) and I was able to find a home for some of the vintage arabesque parts that I had. The joke is that its a French Fuji ;-) Fortunately/unfortunately, my family benefits from the spill-over of my cycling addiction.

I hope you don't have to wait as long for your finisher as you did for your wife's bike. Wasn't that like... forever?
That was a painful wait, but it wasn't entirely the painter's fault (more so the company that he subcontracted out the chroming work to, as they were sabotaging his schedule). If a respray is in order, then I usually ask to replace the chrome w/new triple/show chrome.

I recently acquired a rare Hilton Wrigley, but it's still in England getting refinished. Hopefully, within a month or so, I'll have it to show off.

Keep posting!!!
This thread is pretty much spent, but if you can post pics of your Hilton Wrigley in a new thread (when its returned to you), that was be awesome as Wrigley's are one of the most beautifully built machines out there (IMHO). I'm still remembering their ornate lugwork and impeccable brazing and am very happy that you were able to acquire such a vintage masterpiece!

Last edited by Kinst_VonSterga; 04-25-11 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Mixte comment