Old 04-26-11, 09:29 PM
bluefoxicy

Bikes: 2010 GT Tachyon 3.0

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by urban rider
After going for a short ride (10 miles) I will later feel beat up inside. I will experience aches all over my body for at least one day. I eat breakfast when I get to my job. Breakfast is usually oatmeal and coffee. I am starting to drink water for the rest of the day after breakfast. lunch is usually a salad or a peanut butter sandwhich ( like them) dinner is usually whatever.
I can't place my finger on the problem. While riding I feel great. But I can not ride the next day due to an achy feeling thru out the body. I have asked my doctor about this problem but to no avail. Can anyone give suggestions?

You're crazy. Eat more. When I started biking I started eating like crazy, and I'll output heat ... man, I got home hours ago and I'm still outputting more BTUs than a sorority dorm having a slumber party.

My body still aches all over.. probably because it's being pounded to death. Needs yoga. But how are you getting enough nutrition out of oatmeal and water? The peanut butter sandwich is probably the most awesome thing you're eating, lots of protein. No amount of yoga is going to replace having food readily available -- starch and fat for energy (more starch), protein to repair the muscles that are being overworked to damage.

Eat before you leave. Otherwise your body's sources of food are going to be stored fat and glycogen for energy--and this is not easy to get at cold--and stored protein for protein... and the only stored protein comes from stripping other things in your body. A piece of toast and an egg before you leave, and carry a Clif bar with you. Try that, I bet you feel better. Or eat the oatmeal BEFORE you go to work; it does have some (small) amount of protein I think... oats are pretty much loaded with starch though, and essential vitamins.