Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Weekend Cycling and Exercise - April 30/May1

Tell us about your ride this weekend! Where did you ride? How far did you go? Which bicycle did you use? What did you see? Who did you ride with?

Saturday - Today was a lovely autumn day. Many of the trees have changed, and a few are starting to lose their leaves now. But the sun was shining and the temperature got up to about 21C. We were able to cycling in shorts and jerseys.

We opted to do a bit of a hilly triangle loop from home. First a lap around our small town to warm up, then a climb out of town and a nice descent into a valley. Across an old bridge, and onto the main highway. From there it's basically flat until the bump to climb and descend into the first town on the route.

After a brief stop in that town, it's a long gradual climb, with a few steeper bits, and then long gradual descent to the next town. After a brief stop in that town, the route is flat for a bit, and then climbs into the town where we live.

I struggled a bit during the first part of the ride. I've been having a bit of trouble breathing lately. I'm not sure if it is a mild cold, allergies, or the rove beetle I swallowed a few weeks ago.

We rode our single bicycles because I wanted to give my titanium a good run now that the fork has been painted and the new handlebars have been installed. It was mostly good, but might need a couple little adjustments.

All up, we did 44.75 km.

Last edited by Machka; 04-30-11 at 04:30 AM.