Old 04-30-11, 09:51 AM
hkboy313

Bikes: caad9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dwellman
I'm with igknighted--I was thinking that your wheel choices could probably end up being not much different, if not, worse than what you're currently on. . . if we don't know exactly what the deal is with your current wheels. Heck they could even be loose in the dropouts. They always say you should have enoud closing force to leave an indentation in your hand. . . exposed cam skewers need a bit more.
i def. find that possible. only because it has happened. i brought it to my lbs and guy said my dropouts were loose...even before i went i tried forcing it side to side without problems/noise. he showed me how to 'lock' a skewer on tightly and thats what i did. i just dont want to hurt the carbon fork thats on it right now...later on the road it sends me flying into a death trap...i've tightened it where a dent was left on my hand...

the hubs are not sealed. i have no knowledge in dissembling a hub nor would i even try its pretty new. i got over 1k on it. i ride it with care too (not deliberately on rough dirt roads/ potholes, jumping curbs or in water puddles if i can help it)