Old 05-01-11, 09:01 PM
Lindaosm

Bikes: Trek 7100 WSD & Trek Skye SE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zzOtherlandzz
Well I tried to go for a ride today... I did manage about 4 miles on the trails before I just gave up.... NOT FUN!!

Linda I was out and about today on another errand and decided I would try the Orange Creek Restoration Area trails that you and your husband rode awhile back. They have messed up at least half of the trails (for riding a bike on)... Looks like they used one of those things that you tow behind a tractor with the circular discs (I think they are called a disc harrow). Picture 2 shows what they have done to a lot of the trails. In some of the areas I was able to ride along side the mess, but in others I had no choice but to try and ride through it. Anyway NOT much fun. Although the ride on the road back to the observation deck was pretty good.... After about 4 miles I just gave up and went home.

Pic 1 shows the lil guy checking out the map of the trails... LOL
I am so sorry to hear this! I did see some trails like that but we did manage to find others in that area that were rideable. We almost went up there today but decided to stick closer to home. Were you on the trails that were on the left or right of the observations tower? There were some in back of that area that led out to the river.

Linda