Old 05-02-11, 04:05 AM
substructure
RustyTainte

Bikes: zilch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My racing has hit a lull. This weekend was the first weekend I didn't place in the money - at all.
I think I need to take some time off for a bit and recover. I did 1 huge road race and 2 crits and I feel like I got the s*** beat out of me. Not to mention the fact that I had to set up and break down the crit course.

One thing I did learn: Pro-Am crits with large teams are a nightmare. The race was smooth and there were no problems with the tight racing. It was just brutally fast. The course was a 0.6 mile four corner loop with a nice hill on the finishing stretch. Plus a head wind to the finish. We had 70 minutes of racing and it was single file practically the whole way. Guys were OTB soon and I found myself holding on for dear life. Our average was just over 28mph for the entire race. Practically every time we got to the hill we had to stand and sprint because no one wanted a break to get away. And it never did.

After the race I went up to an official (someone I knew) and jokingly told them that if I ever put in for an upgrade to deny it immediately. I'm satisfied with being a 3 right now - and forever.