View Single Post
Old 05-03-11, 11:22 AM
Pinyon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've been clipless for years. No horror stories, though. I've have fallen a number of times over the years due to things like:
  1. Cheap SPD pedal came unthreaded from the pedal axle (wham, on the top-bar).
  2. A couple of weeks ago, one of the bolts came out of my shoe that holds down an SPD cleat. I was twisting and thrashing my foot around to no avail, and did a slow-motion thonk onto the concrete...lol.
  3. I was at a charity ride, and really had to use the facilities. So, I pulled into a gravel parking lot too fast, and this guy telling a story to other cyclists suddenly backs up 4-5 paces while waving his arms and yelling right in front of me.

When I tried to swerve around him, my front tire dug into the deep gravel, and down I went. At first, he was angry that I was going so fast in the parking lot, and other people were worried because I tore my shorts and was bleeding down my leg, but everyone got a chuckle when I quickly excused myself, put my bike on my shoulder, and sprinted for the facilities.

Last edited by Pinyon; 05-03-11 at 11:25 AM.