View Single Post
Old 05-03-11, 04:42 PM
Visaliaipa

Bikes: Diamond Back Response Sport, '91 Trek 7000 MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can't really say it was a "horror" story but quite funny and embarrasing. Have ridden with toe clips on my mountain bikes since the late 80's so fairly second nature. Well last year I finally decided to get a new mountain bike (old on was a 1991 Trek 7000) that I bought new in 1991. I got a Dimaondback Response Sport. I know not the top of the line but I just couldn't justify dropping 2k on a bike last year.

Well i was out riding in the cul-de-sac with my boys and they asked if the "old man" could do a wheelie. I said heck yeah and proceeded to pull the front wheel up and do a short wheelie. The front end came down a little sideways, and of course I was clipped in, and was pulling with all my might but couldn't get out in time. Needless to say over I go on my side and do a nice shoulder plnat in the asphalt all the while still clipped in.

My boys (10 and 8) were laughing thier butts off. Luckily they didn't get it on video, although I imagine it was a contender for the 10k on Americas Funniest Home Videos.........