View Single Post
Old 05-03-11, 05:47 PM
godshammgod

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmuller
Well I got out for about 7 miles around Newton and Watertown this afternoon. So there, nyah! My cold is going away but I'm tired.

I envy all of you your riding opportunities and I have a hard time believing that cmolway or godshammgod are ever hurtin'! SBP either. And ZIPP2001 too for that matter. Spin and climb to your hearts' content, gentlemen!

How do you find the time to ride centuries already? I feel lucky to have gotten out for even one or two weekend days and a bit of bike commuting this spring. Too much to do.

Saturday my band plays in Ashburnham. Details at http://www.SouthernRail.com if you're looking for a bike destination!
Well, I've got my first century on May 12th so we'll see how that goes. It's all in preparation for B2B in June. I definitely find it hard to get out for more than one long (50/60/70 mile) ride a week. I work overnights and do most of my riding after work. But I can usually only go about 90 minutes before my body revolts. I can't imagine my bizarre sleep cycle helps my fitness.

Bike New England-- That Ipswich-Newburyport ride sounds beautiful. I grew up on the North Shore and love riding up there. One of my favorite routes takes me from Marblehead to Rockport via 127, before returning through Ipswich and Essex.