bragi
bragi

Bikes: LHT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by meangreen

Sixty fiver I see that you wrote about quality racks, what do you suggest. Some people on the other forum were saying tubus and ortilieb. One of my LBSs has Jannd, are they any good? I dont mind buying online, but I prefer to support local... And for the foldup bike, that looks awesome!

one more thing, why are people so obsessed with weight? Does 100 grams really make that much of a difference?
If you can, get the Jandd Expedition rack; those things are totally bomb-proof, easy to install, and not very expensive. (Well, not expensive compared to other really good racks. )

I don't think most people (outside of racing) are at all obsessed with weight. If you're trying to go 40 mph, weight is very important, and I totally respect that, even if I'm not into it myself. On the other hand, if you're going on a beer run at 17 mph, weight isn't an issue; if the bike weighs 20 lbs or 27 lbs, you'll still probably have a good time riding to the store.

There are the occasional riders with $5000 road bikes, wearing full kit, doing 15-18 mph, just like the guy hauling a 12-pack of IPA, but they're riding, so it's okay, but I kind of wonder why they spent so much money and what they're trying to accomplish....