Thread: CHF and Cycling
View Single Post
Old 05-05-11, 02:53 PM
ModeratedUser150120149

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I freely admit getting help in the current social service maze is a challenge. Recently I was told by a person very actively engaged in social service work their biggest problem is that there are so many different agencies chasing the same dollars to help any specified clientele that all their time and money is taken up protecting their turf. A sad state of affairs indeed.

But, in just about every community there is some agency like Salvation Army, Crisis Line, Love INC, Hospital Patient Advocate, Legal Services, etc whose job it is to assist people like you. There is at least one agency in most communities that has a catalog of all the others that render aid. Still assuming this is real, it seems to me job one is to get some help on perspective. This presents as being very overwelmed and helpless, almost like "I give up". There are remedies and help for everything you mention. By the way, as I understand the rules your home is not a liquid asset and as such you cannot be forced to sell it to pay a debt unless it is a pretty substantial mansion, and even then you may not be required to.