nancy sv
family on bikes

Bikes: which one?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by simplygib
I took this along with me on my last tour, but would have used the baby stuff had I known about it - probably is a lot cheaper than this. Ended up using all of it in Nicaragua, and was damned glad I had it with me. I got seriously dehydrated (to the point of sickness, sweating buckets, creating puddles at every stop) and needed every bit of this stuff to recover. Water and Gatorade wasn't cutting it, but this stuff had me feeling better within a few hours and fully recovered in a couple of days.
That is exactly what they sell in pharmacies in Latin America - there are quite a few brand names and each country has their own, but it's that stuff. Awesome!! Tastes vile, but works like a charm.

Scary stuff about getting to that dehydrated stage - we never got to that point at all, fortunately. Drink LOTS and take the salts when you find yourself drinking that much.

Just as an aside... Along the Peruvian coast, I discovered that Inca Kola helped tremendously. I started strapping a liter bottle to my trailer every morning and took a swig of it every time I guzzled a bunch of water. It was pretty amazing how different my days were when I forgot to get my Inca Kola (or when my boys drank it all...)