View Single Post
Old 05-06-11, 05:16 PM
clink83

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jrobe
Of course, you knew it wouldn't be long before the KOPS fitters with the plumb bobs would show up with their misinformed advice. I don't claim to be a professional fitter but, again, the Peter White article has worked perfect for me for years and seems very logical. http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/fitting.htm

One of his primary criteria is throwing out KOPS and using saddle fore-aft position to provide the most comfortable balance point of the body which greatly effects the amount of weight supported by the hands.
Its Peter White vs the world. There isn't a major fit system that doesn't start with setting up the saddle. If you have too much weight on your hands, you either have too long of a reach, bars are too low, or your weak and cant support yourself properly. If your frame is the proper size, with your saddle more or less adjusted to give you KOPS you just need to adjust the reach/drop to suit your fitness and flexability. If you have "balance" problems your frame is either too small or too big.

Instead of getting bad advice from people on the internet, the OP should revisit his fitter with the problems he's having, or find another one who will do a good job. Bike fit over the internet doesn't work.

Originally Posted by Hulley
Any suggestions? I'm obviously having a hard time with this issue. The fitter and I tried mutiple stem lengths/angles but no matter where the bars are, I fall forward pretty hard. I couldnt hold myself up if my life depended on it. Moving the saddle back just "seems" logical. Of course too much in any direction in counter productive but what I'm expierencing is just plain wrong.
Try to do a plank, and see how long you can keep a straight spine. If you break form in >30 seconds, that very well may be your issue.

Last edited by clink83; 05-06-11 at 05:20 PM.