Old 05-08-11, 12:09 AM
khatfull
FBoD Member at Large

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by RFC
Khat, from what little I know of this frame, I think you are basically getting a hot Italian Crit bike, which is my geometry of choice. Do you have any geometry charts? If not, when ST>TT, you are talking sharper angles = Crit Bike.
I'll measure it up when it gets here. The OO thought it was a tad more relaxed, which is why he got his Colnago frame oh so long ago and swapped the components over to it.

Originally Posted by TheOtherGuy
A great frame, made by Torpado. Yours looks to be in exceptional shape!
I have the "SuperLight" version of that same bike, and an earlier version of the SuperSpeciale. Your component search will be pretty straight forward, but if I can help with any pics or detail info, let me know. BTW - the drilled drop-outs were just for the cool factor. Not too many factory bikes had 'em then.
It is in exceptional shape, according to the OO and the facilitator the only flaws are where stuff clamped on. In the one pic you can see just the teeniest tics on the DS chainstay, extremely minimal. I'm very lucky. I know the component search will be "straightforward" I just hope it doesn't engender too much "sticker shock" I'm used to working with the easy Japanese stuff...