Got an old Peugeot

Bikes: I had a Trek 1200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by timmyhiggy
Hi all,
I was considering getting a new tourer. I'm not exactly well off and my current bike wouldn't fetch much if I were to sell it (I bought it for £20) but it is bad proportions for me, something I only really noticed now I have started doing longer rides.
I was wondering which low-end tourers are worth keeping an eye out for? So far my list consists of:
Claud Butler Regent
Raleigh Royal
Edinburgh revolution Country traveller
dawes vantage

Anyone know of another relatively cheap one that I have neglected (has to be around in the UK)
Uhoo,
Worth to keep 1000 eyes on.
After you buy, start gradually to configure your bike as you want it.
I would keep an eye on double eyelets on the back. That shows it is a proper tourer that can accommodate fenders and rack. (Not a must, but shows seriousness of manufacturer).
Note, people are touring with all sorts of bikes. You can't go totally wrong with it, if it's a tourer by definition.

About the UK. hehe, you have the most amazing tourers for really cheap prices. We bought our bikes in London. My wife's tourer is an old Dawes Galaxy 48cm for 50 pounds. I was amazed that I could find such a size. I have upgraded it but the base is there and did 4 month trip with it.

Take care and show us what you bought.

Kfir