Old 05-08-11, 10:16 AM
Brutal.Roadrnr

Bikes: Trek 820, Giant Sundance DX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another new rider, another akward wave **PICS***

Hello all, very glad to see this group is in existence.

I am a 36 year old, 230 pound male (5'7) who is trying to loose weight. Last week I picked up a Trek 820 mountain bike and decided to pick up bicycle riding again after a brief 24 year break.

Now I seem to recall that when I was in my early teens and weighed around 100 lbs this was much easier, I could ride all day long. I could blame it on the additional 130 pounds of mass and utter lack of fitness, I am going to just assume that gravity and friction have drastically changed over the past two decades to explain it.

I must admit I was embarrassed recently when I was presented with a photo of myself as a teenager and I was completely unable recognize myself, I actually asked a relative who that was in the photograph in the family kitchen.

Over the past few weeks I have started a calorie restricted ovo-laco vegetarian diet and started cycling. I live in a small town (3k pop) in a rural area where and decided to pick up a bike that could handle gravel (not all the roads are completely paved) and road surfaces up to highways. After my first few days of getting used to the bike I started doing 45 minute rides that were about 6.5 miles long, today I hit an hour with a 10 mile down an access road on the interstate.

I had to change out the seat because my arse was not as well padded as advertised, and I get home barley able to walk but the wheezing stopped and I can feel some improvement.

..so hello all...and am I doing this right?

Adding pictures...

Last edited by Brutal.Roadrnr; 05-22-11 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Adding Pic, doesn't seem to work