Old 05-08-11, 04:01 PM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by cooleric1234
As mentioned previously whenever I rotate the hips forward I always feel a noticeable, strong pressure on the soft tissue/perineum area. I've seen some people mention a new saddle. However I've felt this with at least a good half dozen saddles, including some with cutouts. It also tires and stresses my lower back faster. Personally I prefer the hips not rotated forward.
What I can tell you is...its all a matter of degree. Saddle position relative to the handlebar and saddle tilt are key. If the bar is too far from the saddle, when you rotate forward, you will pressurize your prenenium. Try pushing your saddle forward...check for KOPS as a reference.
Also you can try a shorter stem. The right saddle shape for your pelvis and correct tilt are important.
Keep in mind that top cyclists ride 12-15K miles a year with a forward rotated pelvis. Guys train in TT sitting on the nose of the saddle.
Position is key but so is fitness. The stronger you are, the harder you push on the pedals and the less you load the saddle. You will rarely hear of even a top amateur cyclist at 140 lbs complain about saddle pressure or pain. This is because they push hard on the pedals and weigh less than the average rider. The fast guys I ride behind and rarely in front of barely load the saddle when hammering...their butts only brush the saddle and they are constantly unweighting because of their effort and low weight and lighter guys can ride really any kind of saddle...low psi's and choose narrow saddles for less leg interference.

Last edited by Campag4life; 05-09-11 at 04:48 AM.