View Single Post
Old 05-10-11, 09:28 AM
flippin_bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brutal.Roadrnr
I don't really recall if my elbows were locked or not, I do recall a lot of demonic faces on the hills laughing at me and my efforts to climb them

I am sure I was putting a lot of pressure from my wrists to the grips...I might try lowering the seat a bit.
You may want to look into some cycling gloves. It is very common to get numbness in your hand(s) or just a couple of fingers. There is a nerve that runs right down the wrist into your palm called the ulnar nerve. Cycling gloves have palm pads designed to reduce pressure on that. Nerve. Some may work well for you, others won't depending upon how much padding and their shapes or positioning. If tha still doesn't do it, look at some ergonomic handlebar grips. You may need something with just a bit more cushion or a completely different shape. A company called Ergon makes various grips that have a wide palm rest built in. Some, like me, swear by them. They are kinda pricey, but there are similar products out there for less. Last, your bike fit may not be correct which could either be fixed with minor adjustments or you could have the wrong size bike altogether. Did you buy the bike new from a shop that fit you to the correct size frame?