Old 05-13-11, 06:23 AM
wallymann

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hmm...i'm only needing 25 teeth of wrap and VB says that it handles up to 27 teeth. and these are both the 2nd-gen c-rec rear mechs, neither of which have springs in the upper pivot.

actually, i think it's a combination of my larger sized rear cogs *and* the goofy tear-drop shape of the upper jockey cage. in order for the tail end of that tear-drop to clear the cluster, i need to thread in the b-screw ALOT. threading in that b-screw so much limits the forward swing range of the upper pivot, eliminating alot of the slack takeup range of the rear mech.

i recall seeing pics back in the day of some pros with "trimmed" c-record mechs. i always figured it was to reduce weight, but now i'm certain it was to accommodate larger rear clusters.

Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
I think you're asking the RD to wrap too much chain. there is no spring ( or did the later ones have one?) in the attachment point so all you have is the body / cage pivot.

back in those days guys running 39s front usually had 21 or 23 for the 'easy' gear in the back

anyone know max tooth and wrap for a late gen C-Rec?

according to VeloBase the max cog for a 2gen is 28t and max wrap is 27t. I think you either need a smaller cog in the back or live with the chain being a tad slack

http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.as...d5ad1&Enum=108