View Single Post
Old 05-14-11, 07:50 AM
UptownJoe60640
I ride bikes!

Bikes: 2011 Redline 925 (Commuter) 2004 Giant Sedona(Fiances)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by irclean

Don't let the naysayers drag you down. Test ride the Soho. If you love it, get it!
That first statement could also be used against the bike. Just because others recommend it doesn't mean it's the best option. I will agree with you about one thing; If you love it, get it. The only thing that matters is you like the bike and are happy about your purchase. Remember, you are the one riding it. Not me or anyone else on this forum.

Originally Posted by irclean
I'm all for saving a few bucks, so do what I did: Wait for the next year's model to become available and get a smokin' hot deal on last year's version!
I think this is great advice. If you can wait, most people will not wait, get it when the new ones come out and you can save a bunch sometimes on last years model. But, that doesn't mean you will buy next years model. You might like the new one and it might cost even more. My advice is still a cheaper bike, all the accessories you want like lights, lock, tubes, tire levers and stuff like that. What happens if you spend $1,000.00 - $1,200.00 on this bike, ride it two months and never pick it up again? If you know you will ride the bike, you love the bike compared to others, you've actually ridden the bike and you want to dish out the dough for it.... go for it! My advice still stands and I think you would be just as happy. Enjoy riding either way.

Last edited by UptownJoe60640; 05-14-11 at 07:59 AM.