Old 06-15-05, 09:08 PM
veneer
What's your Fetish, eh?

Bikes: 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
here's my ride report... it's only a 7 mile ride.. but did some errons while i was at it.

what can i say..... i was nervous, excited, thrilled, exilerating.. and so much more all cramped into 1.

it is f-ing sweet! this was a huge difference between sora 8 speed on a 23lbs bike vs. my fetish 9 speed ultegra.

the shifting was way smoother! (couldn't tell the difference between ultegra 10 on the scatt vs. my ultegra 9 speed)

the wheels.. well.. here was the part that i was nervous about.. because i never rode custom wheel with 23mm tires and on a true road bike at that! i was nervous about how it handled and kept looking to make sure i don't run over some potholes or things like that..

just when i was confident the wheel is fine.. and no pothole near by... bam... ran over a 3" threaded nail then after that.. shatter glass from car accident or something like that.. and guess what.. continental GP3000 held up well!

so after calming down.. i decided to ride up the little hills leading to those rich neighborhood 550K and up condos... and man! i guess i was riding a 39/21 or something (my cassette is 12/25) and it felt so lite taht i couldn't believe myself going up the hill that would normally make me turn around and ride downwards. so then i kept going and going weaving in and out of the neighborhood with different small hills... and it's great i tell you! mike garcia's wheel is really good!

granted it's only a 7 miles ride.. i went to test out to make sure all shifting is good. one thing i've noticed is on 39/12,.... chain rubs against front deraileur.. is that normal? 39/25 is fine... like wise 53/12. before i forget.. during my 7 miles ride.. i wanted to see how fast 53/12 really is... and man it's like i'm running twin turbos with 100 shots of NOS! ok ok.. it's not that fast.. but u get the point! hell if i had an exhaust.. i'd be shooting out fireballs like Fast n' Furious...

but i'm hoping to ride more tomorrow night... for now.. i'm exhausted from being bored at the jury duty! i have to report tomorrow morning at 9am again to see if i'll get picked. sigh!