View Single Post
Old 05-20-11, 05:47 PM
auchencrow

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by nlerner
..... You're right in that each calls for stainless spokes, so if your wheels are replacements, you have to hope those are the original hubs. ...

Neal
I believe the rear hub is original - I cannot be certain about the front Dynohub - though I understand it is from the same timeframe. ( Note that a front lamp bracket was standard on the GA - so presumably the Dyno hub was available.)

The actual lights themselves are post-war I think. The older ones are less bullet shaped, from what I've seen on eBay.

..... ... What does the S-A trigger look like? That would help date it (if it's original). ..

Neal
It is definitely a late replacement - I'd say 60's but for sure it's newer than the one on my '53 with a window ALSO - There is witness on the TT - presumably from a TT mounted SA shifter. Good luck finding one though!

..... ... ... Certainly, none of those club bikes had chainguards, so does yours look like a mod?..

Neal
Kurt identified the chain guard as coming from another Manufacturer.. Humbar I think. It is not original and does not really fit well.