Old 05-21-11, 12:40 AM
coldehammer

Bikes: Bianchi Axis, De Rosa Merak

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unwritten rule of chamois cream

So I've been cycling for the past 2 years, using chamois cream sparingly as I never get uncomfortable during my rides. Although lately, several hours after completing a ride, it is quite sensitive and sometimes irritable down below. I believe it's because of the sweat glands and lack of air so to speak that flows in the nether regions. I wanted to try and start using chamois cream more often to see what that will do for me. I also just ride with the exofficio boxers underneath my bib shorts for just an extra amount of protection.

Here are a couple questions to my fellow cyclists who do use chamois cream every time they ride:

1) Do you apply it straight to the skin or to the actual chamois (there's no right or wrong of course)

2) Do you wear anything underneath your bib or is it straight skin to bib contact?

3) Do you put it on right before you ride or do you do it in advance to let it "soak"?

4) If you do not wear anything under your bib and it's straight skin to bib contact, does that mean you wash your bib every time you go riding? I'm assuming the chamois cream will just dry up and age the bib if you do not.

Thanks for your help bikeforum!