Old 05-21-11, 06:57 PM
withsriracha

Bikes: CAAD10, Specialized Dolce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hkboy313
cool, i've taken 9w once with 2 other guys on this forum a while back. was supposed to be a bigger group but just us 3. im not on any team or have ever raced. what team are you on if you dont mind me asking? i looked at nyvelocity and sids bike club... or the crca? just dont think i could ever compete in such a crowd! good luck with your race! let us know how it goes and yes pm me when time permits.
Sorry i flaked on this yesterday! I got a ton of stuff dumped on me at work, so just put my head down to try to get out of there at a reasonable hour, since I had to be up at 4am to marshal at today's race! Then went out on 9W, came home, and worked till now...gah.

Anyway, to answer your question, I just joined up with NYVelocity at the beginning of the month. I didn't think I was anywhere near fast enough to race, but I emailed the team to ask how fast I would need to get before joining, and they had me come out for a few rides. NYV in particular is pretty focused on rider development, so they're happy to take someone who's not super-fast but is willing to work, and provide that person with a training plan.

Hope your ride was pleasant today! It was gorgeous weather for it!!!