Old 05-22-11, 06:49 PM
merlinextraligh
pan y agua

Bikes: Willier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Calfee Dragonfly tandem, Calfee Adventure tandem; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er; Motebecanne Phantom Cross; Schwinn Paramount Track bike

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked 727 Times in 372 Posts
Originally Posted by baj32161
I would need drugs to get through a flat stage. I do not believe it is even possible to ride that race at the pace those guys do without "help." Three weeks of 24+ MPH racing, including 8 or 9 mountain passes.....I am no doctor or trainer but can the body even recover enough to do that at a slow pace?

Cheers,

Brian J
It's a matter of pace. In Lemond's words, it never gets easier, you just get faster.

I've ridden a stage of the TDF ( Le Etape 2005) It took me 2 hours longer than it did Richaard Virenque, the stage winner.

I'm certain with a little training, I could finish all 21 stages of the TDF. Now, I would certainly be out of the time limit and removed from the race, but I could do the distance in the muber of days alloted.

But the point is, it's not a super human task to ride the course in 21 stages with 2 rest days. The issue is wether anyone cna do it at the pace the winners do without PEDS.
OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.