chipcom 
Infamous Member

Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zigmeister
On the one hand, I agree, I wouldn't recall later possibly. But since he made this out to be such a huge moment and turning point in his career about being asked to "Take care of his hemotacrit levels", and that he called Lance's secret Bat Phone number he had memorized surely, you wouldn't want to write it down or store it on your secret phone would you? It makes you wonder how somebody can clearly recall all the exact details about calling Lance and asking for EPO, and it then shows up later, and not remember certain things. But maybe this is one thing he doesn't recall. Along with, "somebody told me" that he said numerous times about things he "knew" about Lance's doping. Ok..who are these "somebodies"?
You seem to be putting words or feelings into his mouth that were not there, from what I saw, he was much more matter-of-fact about it than you are trying to spin it.

Do you have kids? You remember what day they were born, perhaps what hospital they were born in, right? Do you remember your wife's room number? The color and pattern of her hospital gown? The name of the doctor? The name of any attending nurses or assistants?

How about your high school or college commencement ceremonies - can you tell us the names of the people who got their diplomas directly ahead or behind you? Do I need to go on?

The point is, memory is pretty selective and the minor details you deem important enough to remember or not may or may not be the case with someone else.
"Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey